Our policy in relation to your personal data
Here at Operandi, we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal data for communication with you and your company, and to serve the projects you have commissioned us to do. From time to time we will use it to contact you about other services we provide, or in relation to completing transactions with you and your company. By contacting us and willingly supplying your personal contact data, we assume you have opted in to our use of such information, but you can request us to remove it at any time, including unsubscribing from any communication we may send.
In reality, we keep very little data on clients and contacts, which is normally no more than contact information, as is required to service a project’s needs.
Scope of this policy
This policy applies only to the actions of Operandi and users, with respect to this website, our project management and communications with you. It does not extend to any websites that can be accessed from this website including, but not limited to, any links we may provide to social media websites or external web links.
Why this policy exists
This data protection policy ensures that Operandi Limited:
- Complies with data protection law and follows good practice
- Protects the rights of staff, customers and partners
- Is open about how it stores and processes individuals’ data
- Protects itself from the risks of a data breach
Using our website
This part of the policy relates to the data collected when you use our website, or contact us through its facilities. Without limitation, any of the following data may be collected by this website from time to time:
- Name (either subscribing to our contact list or in connection with estimating or commissioning work);
- Contact information, such as email addresses and telephone numbers (either subscribing to our contact list or in connection with estimating or commissioning work);
- IP address (automatically collected);
- Web browser type and versions (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected);
- A list of URLs starting with the referring site, your activity on this website, and the site you exit to, if relevant. (automatically collected);
Our use of data
- Any personal data you submit will be retained by Operandi for a minimum of 12 months.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, your data will not be disclosed to third parties.
- All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Any or all of the above data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our website.
Specifically, data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping in relation to client or project;
- Improvement of our products/services;
- Transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- Contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail.
Links to other websites
Accessing your own data
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal data held by Operandi. We will happily show you the information we have and remove your details from our database, if requested.
Changes to this policy
Operandi reserves the right to make changes to this policy from time to time, or when required by law. Any changes will be made to the above details, where you have deemed to have accepted the terms of the policy on your first use of the website following the alterations.